Tirthankar Mahavir Vidya Mandir, Pawapuri and Lachhuar
A vibrant and varied arrange of activities have been taking place at Tirthankar Mahavir Vidya Mandir (TMVM), Pawapuri and Lachhuar:
- Around 100 students of TMVM, Pawapuri sat the Orange Education Global Olympiad tests for Science and Mathematics and qualified for the National level exams. These tests are not just examining what the children remember but also their understanding and the application of the knowledge, thus assessing the higher-level knowledge and skills which leads to deeper learning. Congratulations to all the successful participants who really excelled at this event. The students of TMVM Pawapuri and Lachhaur also produced splendid academic results in the end of year exams – see the marks achieved by this years Toppers!
- An annual sports day was organised at TMVM, Pawapuri where Acharyashriji talked about the importance of games and sports in students’ life. She distributed medals to those students who excelled in the different Olympian sports activities.
- TMVM, Pawapuri supported the vaccination programme organized by the Central Government of India with more than 650 children of TMVM being vaccinated for rubella and measles.
- TMVM, Pawapuri organized a workshop for all faculty members on ‘Capacity Building Programme on Examination and Spot Evaluation’ to gain an insight into how to successfully manage the examination and evaluation process. This will immensely benefit the teachers in their day to day teaching.
- The children to TMVM, Lachhuar raised 29,000 rupees for a widow and the family of an Indian Army officer who died in the recent Pulwama attack. The family was deeply touched by this compassionate gesture of the students. The act of giving is ingrained in these students whose lives have been transformed by the immense benevolence of Acharyashriji which they have experienced and seen.
- Saraswati Puja was conducted by the students and teachers of TMVM, Pawapuri to pay homage to Saraswati Devi and honour the importance of knowledge.